Contact the Planning Division regarding Building Permits (PDF), and reach out to the Environmental Health Department for help with septic systems.

Contractors State License Board (CSLB) Disaster Help

Unscrupulous, unlicensed contractors often prey on victims of natural disasters. It is a felony to contract without a license in a declared disaster area. Consumers can protect themselves by using CSLB resources to check a contractor's license status and history. Below you will find links to a number of resources to help with this.

The County of Lake are not approving or recommending specific contractors for fire-related recovery efforts. Licensed contractors are registered with the State Licensing Board, and members of the public can find details about these contractors at the CSLB website or by calling 800-321-2752. Contractors who are not yet listed on the Licensing Board's website can contact the Board to be added.

Unlicensed or Fraudulent Contractors

As a result of increased demand for construction services, many unlicensed contractors seek out work. Please check with the Contractor's State Licensing Board website to make sure that the contractor you hire is licensed, insured and bonded at the CSLB website and that they have the appropriate specialty license if required. Contracting without a license is a crime and enhanced penalties are provided for contracting without a license during a state of emergency. Reports of unlicensed contractors can also be made on the website.

Additionally, some contractors may take on more work that they are able to perform or try to extract a greater deposit than the $1,000 deposit they are authorized by law to require before work commences. Reports of any problems with licensed contractors should also be reported to the State Contractors Board.

Source: Sonoma County Recovers - Rebuilding

Additional Information

Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD)
Phone: 916-255-2501 (Manufactured Housing Permits)
Phone: 800-952-8356 (Manufactured Housing Registration and Titling)
HCD Website

Can assist with manufactured housing questions, including repairs, installation and/or registration and titling.