My father was in the service, do I have any benefits?

Depending on whether the veteran incurred an injury or illness in the service, the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) could provide monthly payments for children under age 18 or under the age of 22 if still in school. Also, the child may have tuition-free college in California available, depending on income.

Show All Answers

1. What benefits are available?
2. I was not injured in the service, am I eligible for any benefits?
3. Are there non-service-connected pension payments for veterans of a war time era?
4. Are there educational/school benefits for veterans and their dependents?
5. Are there any life insurance benefits?
6. Can I receive medical benefits although I only served for a short period of time in the service?
7. Am I eligible for burial benefits?
8. How many times can I use my GI home loan?
9. Is there compensation for disability injuries incurred in the service?
10. Is there any assistance for having your discharge upgraded?
11. Do I have any benefits if I lost a son or daughter in the service?
12. My father was in the service, do I have any benefits?
13. Are there employment programs for veterans?
14. How do I get help filing a claim for Post-Traumatic Stress related problems?
15. I cannot find my military discharge papers (DD-214). What can I do?